Doomsday
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Doomsday

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group dead or retired?

Go down 
5 posters

What do you think.
The group is dead.
Group dead or retired? I_vote_lcap0%Group dead or retired? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The group is retired.
Group dead or retired? I_vote_lcap17%Group dead or retired? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Who cares, lets get it back!
Group dead or retired? I_vote_lcap50%Group dead or retired? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Im someone who never participates.
Group dead or retired? I_vote_lcap33%Group dead or retired? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
FuryBlitzX
Fixer
Fixer
FuryBlitzX

Group dead or retired? Empty
PostSubject: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010 - 13:53

The group has been dying for a week now, at least thats what I think.
Back to top Go down
https://doomsday.4umer.com
iSpork
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
iSpork

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010 - 14:02

Maybe if your server didn't suck and was populated.
Back to top Go down
matrixninja

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010 - 14:18

iSpork wrote:

I hope your kidding....or else *takes out diamond plated belt*

Erhm,anyway,the group IS dying.Our admins obviously don't give a shit anymore,but,its not just US.We gotta get more reconised.The answer isn't to pile up on admins that don't do anything,its to straighten up WHO WE ALREADY HAVE,and get a bit more noticed.And,I'll admit,I've been lazy and careless over the fourms and server,but thats stopping.We all gotta start being more active,or else..I sense admin revoking coming up.
Back to top Go down
Kojak
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Kojak

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010 - 17:46

Alright, i didn't want to release this but it seems it has come to the point i should say something. I'm getting into lua, I may have someone willing to teach me the basics and more advanced later on, Don't get to excited just yet, i hear this stuff takes a while to learn. If i manage to get good at this, I will help the community out by offering maps and/or gamemodes. Be patient my friend.
Back to top Go down
Reflection
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reflection

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010 - 20:03

I agree with Spork, totally.
Back to top Go down
FuryBlitzX
Fixer
Fixer
FuryBlitzX

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyWed 1 Sep 2010 - 4:46

iSpork wrote:
Well then tell me whats wrong with it. I dont see you trying to fix anything. Oh and dont say "Get experim3nt" Because i dont have the money to pay for it. Got any good ideas to fix the server then tell me. Should have some common sense. The server does get populated, if you get on.
Back to top Go down
iSpork
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
iSpork

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyWed 1 Sep 2010 - 13:58

I'm not trying to fix it because I see no point. It's just another RP server, there's nothing special about it. No Unique quality's that make it fun to play on. It blends in with all the other RP servers. You need something Really Unique to draw the people in.

Also Bonus question: Do you have Wiremod SVN on there?
Back to top Go down
FuryBlitzX
Fixer
Fixer
FuryBlitzX

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyWed 1 Sep 2010 - 20:01

Lets see what we have on our server that other DarkRP servers dont have:
First Person Death View
New HUD, OH WAIT you would know that if you ever WENT ON IT!
SharpYe its added for more rp effects OH WAIT you would have known that if you EVER WENT ON IT!!!
Every Job has FISTS
Cops have hl2 weapons
INCREASED price on guns and ammo.
AND YOU KNOW WHAT
There is this one DARKRP SERVER that has a lot of people on it ALL THE FUCKIGN TIME, so what is so special of that? Tell me that. That DarkRP server is on Evocity_v2d and the same jobs as ours, but ours has more. SO tell me, whats up with that.
AND its not the gamemode thats wrong, ITS THE PEOPLE THAT PLAY IT, if you are willing to seriously rp, people will do it. But only if you put some work into it.
Back to top Go down
Reflection
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reflection

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyWed 1 Sep 2010 - 21:38

No one wants to play a 0/12 Evo server period. But that's beside the point, we should be looking into what makes the [SN1PE] BuildFederation RP server so special, always 29/30. Group dead or retired? 1219
Back to top Go down
iSpork
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
iSpork

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyThu 2 Sep 2010 - 2:51

My Personal opinion is that both Evocity and Oviscity suck ass, Personally the only RP map I really enjoy playing on is Downtown_V2. I know it's a lame reason but the reason I almost never go on the server is because I'm really not that in to RP. I much prefer a good build server, Such as my own.
Back to top Go down
iSpork
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
iSpork

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyThu 2 Sep 2010 - 12:05

Another thing you could do to increase possible traffic is lower the join time. Personally I have to re download the CS:S weapons EVERY time I join and it takes a long time. Almost long enough to make me press the cancel button and just find another server that doesn't take 5 minutes to join. People want to just get into a server and RP, they don't want to wait 5-15 minutes downloading files.

Yeah, I have to download some 250 Textures and 100 Models every time I join. It fucking sucks.

Last edited by iSpork on Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 12:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Joined the server and saw the number of files I gotta Download)
Back to top Go down
iSpork
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
iSpork

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyThu 2 Sep 2010 - 12:31

It looks like it's the CS:S Weapons and the Drugz stuff that Has to be downloaded EVERY SINGLE TIME you join. It takes me aprox 7 minutes to get into the server. It should take under two minutes. I mean What the fuck. Who wants to wait 7 Minutes to join a RP server when they could find another that take 30 seconds to join. Also I don't see any new HUD, it looks exactly the same to me and First Person Death Cam is just annoying.
Back to top Go down
Reflection
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reflection

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyThu 2 Sep 2010 - 14:00

Retire the server, swallow defeat, try again.
Back to top Go down
FuryBlitzX
Fixer
Fixer
FuryBlitzX

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyThu 2 Sep 2010 - 14:41

Shut it reg. member. And spork, you SHOULD know to download css realistic weapons and drugzmod, dont forget the buddy finder the fire exting, I put a lot of effort into making this darkrp. If you want me to just start over, give me 3 good reasons. And besides, it takes me like 9 mins to join and thats with no downloads, and I really dont give a shit. But some people (points at spork) are complainers! 9 mins EVERY SERVER, err at least i think, because i only go on 2 gmod servers. Im that dedicated. And I'm going back to DarkRP 3.2.7. And unless you have a better rp thats FREE or WORKS then tell me.
Back to top Go down
iSpork
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
iSpork

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyThu 2 Sep 2010 - 15:21

It takes me 30 seconds to join my server, And I have Buddyfinder and Madcows (AKA) CS:S weps downloaded, I still have to load them from the server for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Reflection
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reflection

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyThu 2 Sep 2010 - 17:37

Fury, the server is FUCKING DEAD.
~Nik
Back to top Go down
Reflection
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reflection

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? EmptyThu 2 Sep 2010 - 17:43

Scratch all our ideas, it's actually cause

FURY FORGOT TO FUCKING UPDATE THE SERVER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group dead or retired?   Group dead or retired? Empty

Back to top Go down

Group dead or retired?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doomsday  :: General Talk-
Jump to: